Yoga Breathing Exercises For Women To Calm Down Stress
You don’t need an oracle to tell you that stress can be detrimental to your health, and quite a lot of people are already feeling stressed as a result of family issues, work-related matters or just some other problems. However, the fact remains that stress is what you must fight if you want a complete healthy living. Your life is full as a busy working woman with clothes to wash, bills to pay, children to care for, dreams to pursue and fulfill, and probably some projects to complete. How do you manage to remain composed and stress-free with a lot of activities and tasks to accomplish on a particular day?
As a matter of fact, your link to emotional stability improved health and complete well-being is your breath. Learning the correct way of breathing is crucial to help you when it comes to calming and balancing the Ancient Yoga philosophy.
Consequently, when you feel exhausted, tired or stressed anytime during the day, practice the following yoga breathing exercises or try to wake up earlier, choose a breathing practice and try it out before going out for your daily activities. It will make you begin your day more focused. But, try as much as possible to be mild and listen to your body when practicing yoga breathing exercises.
1. Deep or Cavernous Yogic Breathing
To practice this yoga breathing exercise:
- Lie down on your bed or sit at ease with your arms relaxed.
- Erect your spine nicely, allowing your feet to rest tightly on the floor.
- Position your right palm on your lower tummy and the left palm on the upper area of your chest, just beneath your collar bones.
- Gradually breathe in through your nose.
- While doing this, make sure you focus consciously on sending your breath from the right hand to the left hand.
- Be mindful of the hands raising on the in-breath and lower the out-breathe bit by bit.
- Go over this yogic exercise for 3 to 7 more times and let the breath to be deeper and fuller.
2. Counted Breath
It is another good yoga breathing exercise a woman can use to reduce stress. It is an exercise of all times. To perform this exercise;
- Sit in a relaxed position with your feet resting firmly on the floor.
- Shut your eyes and breathe in deeply through your nose.
- Repeat this for 3 more times to clear and calm down your mind.
- Then, gradually breathe in three times and breathe out six times.
- Go over the succession of breathing in for 3 and out for 6 to 7 rounds.
- Gradually open your eyes and be conscious of how relaxed and calm you feel.
3. The Rainbow Breathing Exercise
- Be in a sitting position with your spine erect and your body comfortable.
- Keep your eyes closed and visualize a rainbow.
- See all the seven colors of the rainbow.
- Select any color or mixture of colors from your rainbow.
- Envisage breathing in this color slowly through your nose and breathing it out gradually as well.
- Let each breath deepen slowly and travel through your body.
- As you breathe your color in and around your body, the feeling of stress and tension will leave your body.
- Keep doing this until you feel prepared to get up and reconnect with your day.
The yoga breathing exercises for women above will help you alleviate the signs of stress, COPD, blood pressure, sleep problems, and anxiety. It will help you inhale and exhale more effectively by using your diaphragm. You can control your emotions better when you change the way you breathe.